Over the coming weeks here on the blog, we’ll be taking a closer look at some of the most popular products we offer – their key features, benefits and most common applications.
This week, it’s the turn of our plastic moulded safety steps – bold, bright and brilliant!
Sturdy, hygienic and versatile
We manufacture two ranges of rotomoulded plastic safety steps – our standard steps and our premium range. Both ranges are made from 100% food grade medium density polyethylene, and are resistant to most industrial level cleaning chemicals, which makes them perfect for use in:
- Kitchens and restaurants
- Hospitals, schools and care venues
- Warehouses and store rooms
- Clinical environments and laboratories
- Leisure centres, pools and sports facilities
Rotomoulding produces items that are seamless and uniformly thick, which helps to maintain a high level of product integrity.
While blow-moulded items are sometimes thinner – and consequently weaker – at the corners and edges, rotomoulded plastic items such as our steps are free from these potentially hazardous weak spots.
The benefits of our plastic safety steps
Our plastic safety steps offer a wide range of benefits. They’re:
- Compact and fully nestable, making them easy to stack, store and transport
- Hygienic and easy to clean, made from a single piece of food grade polyethylene
- Sturdy: our standard steps can support up to 180kg, our premium steps 260kg
- Slip-resistant, with a moulded in textured tread and abrasive strips for extra safety
- Cold- and heat-resistant, and can be used in temperatures from -20 to +60 degrees
- Eye-catching: bright colours and a UV stabiliser (in our premium range) keeps our steps visible
- Easy to carry, being relatively light and featuring an easy-carry handle
Our premium safety steps range
standard safety steps come in three sizes: a single step stool, a two-step model and a three-step model. All of our standard plastic safety steps are certified to bear up to 180kg in weight, and feature the benefits outlined above.
premium safety steps are suited to hardier applications. Covered by BS EN 14183:2003, and with a certified bearable load of 260kg, these steps are 5mm thick and designed to be extra durable.
Perfect for outdoor pursuits, the premium range of safety steps has all the benefits of the standard range, including portability, durability and ease of use, plus some extra. Our premium safety steps are also larger, and – in the largest size – can be purchased with an added powder-coated sheet steel handrail.
Excelsior: your rotomoulding specialists
Here at Excelsior, we’ve made a name for ourselves as rotomoulding specialists. We know the business – and the processes – inside and out, which is why we’re a favourite supplier of moulded plastic items across such a wide range of industries.
Our moulded plastic safety steps are just one of the items we routinely produce in bulk, and they’ve proved a firm favourite with a huge variety of customers. Safe and stable, hygienic and long-lasting, they’re a high quality product that will stand the test of time.
Find out more about the products we manufacture, or discover how to become a stockist for our plastic safety steps.